Biofiber Tech is a Stockholm-based startup, which has the vision to shape a sustainable future with its innovative & patented technology to modify wood fibers to make them “plastic-like “so they can be used for plastic product manufacturing to reduce reliance on fossil-based plastics.
Essentially, Biofiber Tech specializes in research & development, and commercialization of modified wood and/or other plant fibers-based materials, to be implemented in applications in the field of automobile, electronic products, household products, furniture, packaging, construction, and/or other related composite applications.
Product Development Intern
As a Product Development Intern, you will join the Biofiber Tech R&D group. As a part of this group, he/she will contribute to the development of bio-based materials, which can replace conventional petroleum-based plastics. Activities will include the use of Biofiber Tech´s patented technology to surface-modify the surface of cellulose fibers. Different formulations will be tested, targeting specific functionalities.
Starting date: January 2022
• A person with an entrepreneurial spirit, driven, initiative-taking.
• Hands-on experience working in a laboratory.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Team player with the ability to interface and build relations at all levels
• A suitable academic background would be polymer chemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering,
• Good oral and written presentation skills
• Internship in the chemical laboratory of Biofiber Tech, located in Greenhouse Labs (Stockholm)
• A unique chance to join one of the fastest-growing impact start-ups in Nordics
• An incredible team of colleagues with mixed background and high ambitions
• The opportunity to understand Biofiber Tech core business
• A unique opportunity to get professional experience on the CV with an impact start-up company. You will play an important role in taking Biofiber Tech to the next level and will have the opportunity to share your ideas, knowledge, and experience during the internship. Your development will be a high focus for us during this period.
For the right talent, the internship might result in employment!
Contact us if you would like to apply and/or would like to know more